I started mosaicking the lid of my spa control box at the end of the last Dry Season so this project has taken me a while even though it is relatively small. Probably because it gets so hot out there.
The coloured tiles were incredibly hard to break which probably is a good thing as they are floor tiles so I just broke them the best I could and went with the shapes I got for the petals.
Floor tiles from the dump and the light blue ones were freebies that Northern Tile Gallery put out on on a pallet on their grass verge (Yay!), old broken mirror ( offcuts from Unicorn Glass ie Jon Firth) and taupe grout. Adhesive is Selley’s Aquadhere – the waterproof version. Just as well as it rained last night – in the middle of the Dry Season!!! – which is why the mirror is a bit streaky as grout dust has washed down a little. Hopefully it will stop raining enough for me to apply the sealer once it has had a chance to dry out!