This is a detail from a mosaic by the Hungarian glass artist Miksa Roth, who died in 1944. Many of his stained glass mosaics can be found in the Hungarian Parliament buildings.
After learning in his father’s workshop, he travelled abroad where he met glass painting. Returning to Hungary, he raised glass painting in Hungary to a standard internationally acknowledged by producing special colours. He established his workshop in 1885. His art first reflected historicism, and art nouveau later. He was engaged in decorative painting (e.g. glass pictures for Szt. István Cathedral and the Parliament). Together with Aladár Körösföi-Kriesch and Sándor Nagy, he designed the mosaic of the mental asylum in Lipótmezõ, Budapest and that of the Cultural Centre in Marosvásárhely. He wrote about his life in “Memories of a Glass Painter”.
His glass mosaics were a lesser known part of his art.